Wednesday 23 March 2016

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY TO @Maxwellctb..A Birthday Promise to Myself.. read It.


Today is my birthday. I am 21 years old.
I’m not a fan of birthdays. It’s not like today is any different than yesterday. My thoughts, feelings, successes, and failures are still the same. It’s the time in between the birthdays that changes us, not the day itself. And, anyways, why celebrate just one day of your life? Let’s celebrate life every day. I like to treat every day as my birthday.

However, as I look back on another year, I feel very stale. Life feels stale. This blog feels stale. Everything feels stale. Twenty to twenty one was a year of great growth for me, both professionally and personally. But that hasn’t changed the fact there is a creeping sense of staleness coming over me.
Then I came across a blog post from last year about all the things I wanted to do before I was 21.
In the last year, I’ve accomplished none of them.
Sure, this past year saw me visit a few new places, but I don’t feel like I’ve gone on a big adventure. I feel like I’m on a hamster wheel, going back to the same places over and over and over again. While I’m grateful for all the opportunities I have, the people I know and get to meet, and the places I can go, I don’t feel as though my travels are growing, nor am I growing.
That list was intended to focus me, but instead, it’s collected digital dust. Like so many others, I dreamed big, talked big, and made grand plans — but when push came to shove, I just shrugged my shoulders and said “life got in the way.” There was always a conference, or too much work, or an event in Naija.
And while I stand behind my decision to balance life in Nigeria, yoruba so to say, and life on the road, I realized it’s time to stop making excuses and follow my own advice. The only way to really ensure “life doesn’t get in the way”
So yesterday, I decided to embark on intelligence beyond classroom. I determined to chase my dreams no matter the obstacles and challenges,I decided to commit to people who can bring the best out of me and move me more closer to Allah There’s no turning back. It’s time to go discover some new ideas instead of revisiting the old.
This next year is all about having new adventures, not repeating old ones.
That’s my birthday promise… to myself and to you.

No comments:
Write comments